Science Cafe/Science Tavern lecture: Indigo Snake Biology and Scientific Illustration

A friend of mine (Jay Patton) snapped this photo at the beginning of the talk. On the table in front of me is a collection of specimens (skeletal and alcoholic) that I have used for illustration including this Indigo Snake book.
On July 18th, I had the privilege of discussing the biology and illustration of the Eastern Indigo Snake (Drymarchon couperi). This is a book, authored by Chris Jenkins of the Orianne Society, that I have been illustrating for the past few months and will most likely be published next year. Illustrating this book has givien me the rare opportunity to become intimate with indigo snake biology, ecology and conservation and I had an incredible experience sharing this information with the Science Café here at the Garden. 

For more information, click below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask the frog staff: How many tadpoles actually survive into adulthood?

Amphibians and Solar Eclipses — What to Expect

Species Highlight: Captive Breeding of Fringed Leaf Frogs