#GlassFrogWeek featuring these incredible frogs and the work of Katie Karl

Tomorrow, we are launching the first #GlassFrogWeek to highlight a beautiful and fascinating group of frogs known as the centrolenids. This has been a favorite group of ours for many years and we have had the privilege of working with a few species of Glass Frog over the years as well.

Glass Frog illustration by Katie Karl. This shirt is available on Katie's Etsy store, with sales opening for #GlassFrogWeek. A portion of the proceeds will support the Amphibian Foundation.
#GlassFrogWeek will also feature the incredible work of Katie Karl, a gifted artist and dedicated conservationist at Blue Iguana Art, who recently created this splendid graphic of the Granulated Glass Frog, Cochranella granulosa, and offered to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the shirt to the Amphibian Foundation.

You can purchase the shirt here.

I asked Katie to tell us a bit about herself:

I am 19 years old and I have had a love for reptiles and amphibians for almost my entire life. I felt a serious need to do something for reptile conservation after watching a video on rattlesnake roundups in 2016. After watching that video, I had the idea to combine my love for art with my passion for herpetology. I completed a painting of a Timber rattlesnake and donated it to an auction benefiting rattlesnake conservation, which was the start of my cause for conservation.

Since then, I have expanded my art and conservation efforts into my conservation focused art business, Blue Iguana Art. I gather inspiration from both wild reptiles and amphibians and the ones I keep as pets, such as my blue iguana, Echo. A portion of the proceeds from each piece of art I sell goes directly to conservation organizations working to save various threatened and endangered reptiles and amphibians. It is my mission to make a difference in conservation through art.

Katie Karl
Blue Iguana Art

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask the frog staff: How many tadpoles actually survive into adulthood?

Amphibians and Solar Eclipses — What to Expect

Species Highlight: Captive Breeding of Fringed Leaf Frogs